Checkout styling consistency updates
We’ve worked on some consistency updates to the default styling of the checkout blocks; notably applying consistent border radius to components, more balanced spacing, and improved focus styles.
Increased the number of visible products when cart is empty
The empty cart views now default to showing 4 new products rather than 3. This is still customisable in the editor if you wish to increase, decrease, or hide these products.
Cart and Checkout block transforms for classic shortcodes
To make it easier to toggle between classic cart and checkout shortcodes, and the new blocks, we’ve added some new transforms in the editor. If the blocks detect an incompatible extension you’ll be able to switch back to the classic shortcodes with one click via the block inspector:
You’ll also be able to switch to the classic blocks using block transforms:
Switching back from classic shortcode to blocks is also easy using the “transform into blocks” option. This should offer merchants more flexibility and easier editing when setting up shop.
Store API: Product Attribute Terms route sorting options
The Store API
/products/attributes/<id>/terms route now has an additional sorting option:
menu_order. This allows terms to be returned in the order the merchant sorts them via WP Admin.
Exporting shared components
A bunch of cart and checkout components, including
CheckboxList, have been moved to a separate package for consumption. We’ll be sharing a post on the dev blog about this later in the week with instructions on how to utilise these components.
Cart block level shipping options have moved
The cart block previously had the same option as WooCommerce core to “enable the shipping” calculator at block level, however, this was causing confusion because it wasn’t clear which option (block or global) would take priority, and whether the block level option would impact other views.
To fix this, we’ve removed the block level option. Now in order to enable or disable the shipping calculator you must use the global setting under WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Shipping Options labelled
Enable the shipping calculator on the cart page.
Unfortunately due to this change, if you did have a scenario where you had it enabled at block level, but disabled in the settings, your calculator will be hidden until you toggle the option back on in settings. Note, that this will not affect the calculation of shipping during checkout.
- Store Customization: Update the “Large Footer” pattern. (11381)
- Store Customization: Update the
Footer with 3 Menuspattern. (11356)
- Store Customization: Update the Social pattern. (11355)
- Store Customization: Re-enable the
Product Hero 2 Column 2 Rowpattern. (11346)
- Product Collection: Shrink columns to fit. (11320)
- Store Customization: Adjust margins and paddings for the
Featured Category Triple. (11319)
Spinnerto components package. (11317)
- Store Customization: Fix “Discount Banner” pattern. (11315)
RadioControlAccordioncomponents to components package. (11312)
- Store Customization: Fix the “Testimonials 3 Columns” title alignment. (11281)
- Store Customization: Fix pattern spacing in homepage template 3. (11279)
- Store Customization: Fix pattern spacing in homepage template 2. (11278)
- Store Customization: Fix pattern spacing in homepage template 1. (11268)
- Store Customization: Remove placeholder text from the image on the Hero Product Chessboard pattern. (11250)
FormStepto the components package. (11246)
- Temporarily disable the
menu-orderorderby option for Product Attribute Terms route. (11232)
FormattedMonetaryAmountto the components package. (11230)
- Cart and Checkout block transforms for classic shortcodes. (11228)
- Use the <main> tag in Cart and Checkout templates. (11224)
RemovableChipto components package. (11223)
CheckboxListand create new
- Store Customization MVP: Add fallbacks to all the pattern titles, descriptions, and buttons. (11208)
- Checkout Field Padding and Spacing. (11207)
- Make patterns full width and fix margin. (11206)
- Product Collection 5 Columns pattern: Update title and price to be rows instead of columns. (11205)
- Product Collection: Featured Products 5 Columns: Remove no results block. (11198)
- Add universal border radius for form elements and components. (11193)
- Update wording on checkout error message to try to prevent retries. (10888)
- Remove hardcoded queryIds from patterns that include Product Collection. (11290)
- Fix: Mini-Cart block shows wrong total if there are multiple installs on the same domain. (11257)
- Fix inconsistent border focus styles. (11203)
- Product Gallery pattern: Use the Product Collection block. (11194)
- Increase number of visible products when cart is empty. (11182)
- Fix a bug in which shipping phone field was not being synced to the billing field. (10603)
- Always show the
Enable the shipping calculator on the cart pageoption. (11421)
- Add order and checkout order endpoint documentation. (11157)
- Add Local Pickup event and Cart/Checkout page views events. (11225)