You can download version v0.24.0 in the plugin repository or via GitHub right here. If you do test out the plugin, and have some feedback – please do open an issue in the GitHub repository, or reach out to us in the #core channel on WooCommerce slack.
The bulk of this release is dedicated to bug fixing and polishing of WooCommerce Admin and the Onboarding Wizard. As noted in the last release notes post, we have been starting to work on some new documentation for the Dashboard and Analytics tools. You can view those here.
- Bug: Add SelectControl debouncing and keyboard fixes #3507 (Components, Packages)
- Fix: Properly style theme selection button in Site Profiler #3489
- Dev: Update translation scripts and instructions for creating
.jsonfiles. #3433 (Build)
- Dev: Add initial documentation for the historical data import. #3506 (Documentation)
- Dev: Onboarding: Add purchase products task list item #3472 (Onboarding)
- Dev: Onboarding: Add another option to platforms. #3471 (Onboarding)
- Dev: Add singular/plural distinction to onboarding plugins installation #3517 (Onboarding)
- Dev: Onboarding: Add theme install and activation endpoints #3482 (Onboarding, REST API)
- Tweak: Onboarding – Add Skip Step link on Themes Step. #3490 (Onboarding)
- Bug: Onboarding: Skip Shipping connect step if Jetpack is already connected #3486 (Onboarding)
- Bug: CI: use PR repo instead of main repo when checking out branches. #3512 (Build)
- Tweak: Included RegExp for JS files in examples.config.js #3510 (Build, Extensibility) 👏 @yash-webkul
- Dev: Onboarding: Add tracks to extension purchase task and modal #3493 (Onboarding)
- Tweak: Change Refunds to Returns on the dashboard. #3514
- Fix: invalidate Reports cache when changing Analytics settings. #3465 (Analytics, REST API, Settings)
- Dev: DataStores: normalize contexts to plural #3419
- Dev: AssetDataRegistry: update SQL example #3418
- Fix: show pending product reviews when comment moderation is disabled. #3459 (Activity Panel)
- Enhancement: allow report cache layer to be turned off. #3434
- Tweak: Scroll to notices when displayed while the notice area is scrolled out of view. #3390 (Activity Panel)
- Dev: Add autocomplete props to address fields in onboarding and adjust country/state matching #3338 (Onboarding)
- Dev: Update instructions for documenting new components. #3443 (Components, Documentation)
- Dev: Add purchase modal at the end of the profile wizard #3444 (Onboarding)
- Fix: component styles for WordPress 5.3. #3357 (Build, Components, Design, Packages)
- Bug: Onboarding: Don’t show skip link if no plugins exist to skip #3485 (Onboarding)
- Bug: Onboarding: Add in tracks for failed plugin installation #3483 (Onboarding)
- Dev: Fix the "is this card useful" prompt display #3427 (Onboarding)
- Tweak: Add/disable plugin filter #3361
- Bug: Onboarding: Update shipping task button text #3400 (Onboarding)
- Dev: Default the Calypso environment to production #3347 (Onboarding)
- Dev: Standardize hook and filter prefixes. #3339 (On Merge to WC Core)
- Fix: WC-Admin header on settings and status pages. #3389 (Activity Panel)
- Dev: Fix revenue question translation with currency conversion #3358 (Onboarding, Packages)
- Fix: make report filter date props optional #3359 (Components, Extensibility, Packages)
- Dev: Onboarding – Add button to continue setup after importing products #3402 (Build, Onboarding)
- Bug: Onboarding: Update check for TOS accepted in tax step #3245 (Onboarding)
- Fix: don’t run database migrations on new installs. #3473
- Enhancement: allow filtering of hidden WP notices. #3391 (Activity Panel, Extensibility)
- Fix: error when trying to download report data. #3429 (Analytics)
- Bug: Fix user data fields filter name. #3428 (Dashboard)
CompareFilterfunctionality regression. #3421 (Analytics, Components, Packages)
- Fix: Time zone offset calculation on customer last active date. #3388 (Analytics)
- Fix: remove the header when user doesn’t have required permissions #3386 (Activity Panel)
Thank You, and What’s Next?
First a big THANK YOU to everyone that has downloaded a release to test, and also to those of you who have reported bugs. Your input is extremely valuable to us, so please keep testing and let us know if we can help!
The focus of the next release will be in a handful of areas:
- Documentation – Continued work on Documentation.
- ActionScheduler – We are also looking to bundle the new 3.0 version of ActionScheduler into the plugin to take advantage of the new custom queue tables it provides.
The next release is scheduled to be the week of January 20th.