In the interest of fostering an open, inclusive, and welcoming environment, we, as contributors, maintainers, and community members, pledge to make participation in our project and community a harassment-free experience for everyone. This commitment extends to all, regardless of age, body size and type, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
Positive Behavior includes:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language.
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences.
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism.
- Focusing on what is best for the community.
- Showing empathy and kindness towards other community members.
- Posting development-related questions, job inquiries, and other requests in public channels to foster collaboration and transparency.
Unacceptable Behavior includes:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery, and unwelcome sexual attention or advances.
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, personal or political attacks.
- Public or private harassment, including but not limited to intimidating, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct or language
- Publishing others’ private information, such as physical or electronic addresses, without explicit permission.
- Any conduct which could be considered inappropriate in a professional setting.
WooCommerce Slack Community norms of interaction
We value the privacy and comfort of all our members. As such, please refrain from sending direct messages (DMs) to members of the Automattic and WooCommerce Slack community regarding employment opportunities or any other inquiries, unless the person you are DMing has explicitly agreed to it.
- Anyone found engaging in this practice will be removed from the community.
- For employment opportunities and inquiries, please utilize the #jobs channel exclusively.
Thank you for understanding and respecting the rules of our community. Let’s work together to maintain a respectful and supportive environment for everyone!
Project maintainers and community leaders are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior. They are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior.
Maintainers have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, and other contributions that are not aligned with this Code of Conduct. They can also ban temporarily or permanently any member for behaviors deemed inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
This Code of Conduct applies within all community spaces, both online and offline. This includes, but is not limited to, the developer hub at developer.woo.com, the Woo Community Slack, official social media accounts, and any other platforms associated with WooCommerce.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior should be reported by contacting the WooCommerce team. You may use the #moderators channel in cases of misconduct in the Community Slack or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other cases. The team will review and investigate all complaints and will respond in a manner deemed appropriate to the circumstances. Confidentiality will be maintained for the reporter of an incident.
Maintainers members who do not uphold or enforce this Code of Conduct in good faith may face repercussions, including being banned from community communications channels, as determined by the project’s leadership.